June in Buffalo
Presented by the Department of Music and The Robert and Carol Morris Center for 21st Century Music, June in Buffalo, a festival and conference dedicated to composers, will take place June 5-11 2017 at the University at Buffalo. June in Buffalo offers an intensive schedule of seminars, lectures, workshops, professional presentations, participant forums and open rehearsals as well as afternoon and evening concerts open to the general public and critics. Each of the invited composers will have one of his/her pieces performed during the festival. Evening performances feature faculty composers, resident ensembles and soloists renowned internationally as interpreters of contemporary music.
To apply for the June in Buffalo festival please submit the following items:
1. A résumé or curriculum vitae detailing your education, experience, and creative activity.
2. A letter of reference from someone acquainted with your current compositional activity.
3. A proposal requesting the performance of a recent work for:
a) 2 violins, viola, cello (or subset) –Mivos Quartet
b) flute, oboe, clarinet, piano, percussion, violin, cello (or subset) –Dal Niente
c) a sextet comprised of the following instruments: flute, oboe, clarinet, horn, trumpet, trombone, violin, viola cello, double bass (or subset) –Ensemble Signal
d) duos, trios or quartets of mixed instrumentation including soprano -Slee Sinfonietta
e) solo instrument
Proposals with electronics and/or multimedia will be considered.
Included with the proposal should be a brief description of the work that includes length, full instrumentation, and any technical requirements. Proposals for works in progress will be considered. A portion of the score plus the description listed above must be included with application materials for in-progress works.
4. One or two scores that demonstrate your recent work and accompanying recordings, if available.
5. A $25 non-refundable processing fee. Checks or money orders should be made payable to June in Buffalo. Foreign applicants must pay by international money order in US currency. Do not send cash.
6. An e-mail address at which you can be easily contacted and a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope (optional) for the return of application materials.
Application materials must be postmarked by March 1, 2017.
Materials should be sent to:
June in Buffalo
220 Baird Hall
Department of Music
University at Buffalo
Participant fee: $750 USD
Auditor fee: $400 USD
Housing Fee (optional) $350 USD
Check out our promotional video from June in Buffalo 2012.